In order to do this we will ensure- according to your age that:
- you have a place in a school or college that is able to provide you with the right kind of education
- you have a personal education plan that identifies what you need
- that there is a teacher in school who will support you in school
- that you get additional help and support in order to do your school/college work
- you are supported to travel independently to school wherever possible
- if you are being bullied or teased at school about being in care you have a teacher who will help you
- you are encouraged to take part in school holidays, clubs, trips and that consent for these will be sorted quickly
- you don’t have to change the school you are at unless it is absolutely necessary and we would definitely not want you to change school in Year 10/11
- If for any reason you are unable to attend school you are provided with appropriate alternative education.
- You are able to attend a nursery that will provide you with the right kind of early years support.
We want you to enjoy learning and do as well as you are able to.